This yearling snapper was crossing a dirt road between two wet meadows. Less than three inches long, he may be feeding on tadpoles and insects. As I approached, he retracted his head almost completely into his shell, then, as I passed him by he stuck it way up high to watch me move away. Then he sensibly dashed into the protection of the long grass before a crow or other predator spotted him.
20 June 2007
Wary Young Snapper
This yearling snapper was crossing a dirt road between two wet meadows. Less than three inches long, he may be feeding on tadpoles and insects. As I approached, he retracted his head almost completely into his shell, then, as I passed him by he stuck it way up high to watch me move away. Then he sensibly dashed into the protection of the long grass before a crow or other predator spotted him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment